Ecole supérieure d'art des Pyrénées - Pau Tarbes is a higher state art school with top-class training courses, recognized diplomas at a European and international level, up to Master’s degree level.
- Art and Ceramics
- Graphic Design and Multimedia
ÉSA Pyrénées is accredited by the French Ministry of Culture and Communication and the Ministry of Higher Education and Research. The school welcomes about 300 students each year and prepares them for national diplomas in plastic arts, up to Master of Arts Degree.
Students at ÉSA Pyrénées can benefit from :
- a high-quality teaching program, provided by professional and recognized artists or graphic designers and theory teachers who hold a doctorate or are in the process of obtaining one;
- freely accessible technical workshops (photo studio, video, computer graphics, ceramics, etc. ) under the supervision of specialist technicians;
- close and individual support throughout the study program with human-sized spaces;
- an excellent place to study: city-center location, the mountains on one side with the sea on the other, only 2 hours from Bordeaux and Toulouse, near Spain, under 250 km from Zaragoza and 135 km from Bilbao;
- a high-quality artistic and cultural environment: ÉSA Pyrénées has developed several artistic partnerships with local, national and international structures (for example: contemporary art centers in Pau and Tarbes, Escola de Cerámica de la Bisbal in Spain, etc.). This enables students to get involved in internships and various artistic projects.
In Pau campus, the Graphic Design and Multimedia option is the only art option in France which brings together artists and graphic designers. Its objective is to train professionals wo combine artistic culture with knowledge of technical constraints.
In Tarbes campus, the Art and Ceramics option provides teaching open to all forms of practice. Emphasis is placed on the ceramic medium through a technical ceramic workshop and the expertise of professional art teachers. It helps pass on highly specialized skills which are not very developed in other French art schools.
Both Pau and Tarbes campus constitute excellent places to study and live : city-center location, the mountains on one side with the sea on the other, only 2 hours from Bordeaux and Toulouse, near Spain, under 250 km from Zaragoza and 135 km from Bilbao.